- 500g Minced beef
- 1 large brown onion grated
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs or weetbix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine mince, onion, garlic, mixed herbs, egg and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using clean hands, shape mixture into eight 2cm-thick rissoles. Place on a large plate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add rissoles. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Beef stock
- Drain any excess oil from pan, add mustard, and stock; bring to the boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stir into gravy and cook until gravy thickens.
Serve rissoles with peas, carrot, potatoes and gravy.